The cuffs were piped around the upper edge in the collar colour and they fastened at the rear with a single button. The shoulder straps for all 4 regiments were white.
The standard cavalry greatcoat was coloured grey and was notable for its length and the fact that it was split up to the small of the back to allow the skirts to fall to either side of the horse when the wearer was mounted.
Around the waist was worn a white leather belt from which was suspended the Pallasch. A black cartridge pouch was attached to a white belt worn over the left shoulder. In April of 1814, a metal cuirass was authorized for wear by all ranks within Kurassier Regiments. The cuirass was made of Tombak for the Gardes du Korps, and the Brandenburg Kurassiers; and of iron for the other two regiments. Despite the authorization, it remains doubtful that the cuirass was ever worn on campaign for active service before the end of the Napoleonic Wars. They were originally captured from the French remount depot in Versailles. According to some reports the Garde du Korps had blackened their cuirasses in 1814.
Officers were entitled to wear a dark-blue Oberrock, which they frequently adopted as normal campaign dress. They also wore the usual insignia appropriate to their rank.
The saddle cloth used by the Kurassier Regiments was cut square and was coloured red with a double outer edging in the colour of the buttons, white or yellow. The Garde du Korps had this trim divided by a black line.