In 1815, three squadrons were incorporated into the new Garde-Hussaren-Regiment, whilst the fourth became the 4th/4th Uhlan Regiment.
Pommersches leichtes National-Kavallerie-Regiment
This regiment was dressed in an Uhlan style of uniform. The Kollet was coloured dark green and was piped in red; the collar, Polish cuffs and shoulder straps being in white. Around the waist they wore a Uhlan pattern girdle in bright green edged with red. Yellow metal buttons. Grey, buttoned, cavalry overalls with a thin red stripe down the outside seams. The shako had green cords and hangings but when on campaign, was invariably covered with a black waxed shako cover. The Elite troopers of each squadron wore yellow metal epaulettes.
The regiment was armed as for a light cavalry regiment with the exception that carbines were carried by the Elite troopers. The saddle cloth was green, edged with a double white line.
The shoulder belt and cartridge pouch were made of black leather and were mounted with brass fittings.
In 1815, this formation was divided between the Guard Dragoons and the 4th Uhlan Regiment.
The regiment wore a hussar uniform with the dolman, pelisse and overalls all in black. The collar and cuffs were yellow, but were later changed to red. The lace was red and the buttons were made of yellow metal. The hussar-style girdle was coloured black and red. Black shoulder and waist belts with brass mountings. Head-dress was the regulation leather-reinforced, hussar shako, on the front of which was borne a pom-pon and cockade, both in the black and white of Prussia. White lambskin shabraque, edged with red "wolf's teeth".
In 1815, the regiment was split, two squadrons going to the Garde-Ulan-Regiment, and the other two becoming part of the 7th Hussars.
This formation wore a line hussar uniform consisting of a dark green dolman and pelisse with bright blue collar and cuffs on the former. The lace and buttons were yellow. Bright blue and white hussar-style girdle. Grey, leather-reinforced, cavalry overalls with brass buttons and thin red stripe down the outside seams. The shako was worn with a black waxed cover. The waist and shoulder belts were made of black leather and were fitted with an edging and the entwined Royal cypher, FWR, in yellow. The saddle cloth was dark green, edged in bright blue and with a yellow lace trim, but it is more than likely that a lambskin skabraque was used when on active service.
The Uniforms of the Landwehr Cavalry
The dress of the Landwehr cavalry was govberned by the regulations of March 17th, 1813. They were to wear a dark blue Litewka with facings in provincial colouring, similar to that in use by the Landwehr infantry. A shako, without a cover, bearing on its front a Landwehr cross; grey overalls and black waist and shoulder belts completed the uniform. They were armed with a sabre and a lance, the pennant of which was in the provincial colour. The saddle was covered with a black lambskin shabraque, which had a coloured cloth edging usually taking the shape of "wolf's teeth" in the provincial colours.
Although the clothing and equipment of the Landwehr Cavalry was of much better condition than that of their infantry colleagues, they were, none the less, subjected to the same influences that resulted in the lack of unifformity amongst the foot troops. In reality, their dress, and equipment differed considerable from that which was regulated and has been noted above.
Head-dress was worn with or without a cover. In addition to the prescribed dragoon pattern shako, they also wore the Schirmutze, often given an exaggerated height by means of wire stiffeners. The 1st and 2nd Neumark regiemnts were English equipped and, as such, wore the English stove-pipe type shakos. Another Neumark regiemnt wore captured French Hussar shakos and a Rheinish regiemnt wore a Uhlan Czapska. A Czapska was also worn by a Silesian regiment, some sources ascribe this to the 7th, whilst others indicate that it was the 3rd. Some head-dress had cords and cap lines, others none; others were fitted with metal chin scales, and some had the black and white Prussian pom-pon affixed to the front top. Even the Landwehr cross was not always used, although it can, none the less, be said to have been the most common item attached to the head-dress, being either white or yellow, metal or cloth.